DVUs provide intensive support for women with complex needs who are experiencing high risk domestic violence.
|Legal and social work services provided to eligible DVU clients include:|
|Legal advice on family law and domestic violence matters|
|Safety planning and assessment|
|Supported referrals to a wide range of specialist and mainstream services|
|Assistance with drafting documents|
|Representation (in certain circumstances)|
|Legal Aid applications|
|Lawyer assisted mediation|
|Practical and emotional support|
To be eligible, women must be:
- Experiencing high risk domestic violence
- Without access to other legal assistance options
- Have complex legal and social needs.
- Priority will be given to women who meet the above criteria and:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
- Are from a culturally or linguistically diverse background; or
- Have a disability.
Please note the DVUs are a small pilot project with limited capacity.