This weekend at Dancing CEOs, Brisbane’s corporate community spectacularly came together to raise a record $440,000 to help Women’s Legal Service Queensland (WLSQ) support women and their children experiencing domestic violence.
WLSQ CEO, Angela Lynch, said she was overwhelmed by the contribution that the CEOs and their supporters made this year.
“This is an outstanding, truly unprecedented amount raised. Brisbane’s corporate community really stepped up for survivors of domestic and sexual violence,” Ms Lynch said.
“Every year our Helpline answers at least 8,000 calls from women needing vital help, but we know there are thousands that can’t get through,” she said
“The amount raised by Dancing CEOs supplements existing ongoing government funding and allows innovative practice and maximum reach.”
“Thanks to Dancing CEOs we can provide maximum client appointments and assistance for domestic and sexual violence victims in Queensland. These funds will support innovative service delivery to increase reach and impact.”
Australian Innovative Systems CEO, Elena Gosse was also a record breaker on the night, becoming the highest fundraiser in the history of the event, with her donations totalling $83,550. Coffee Queen Penny Wolff, raised over $50,000 and was awarded fundraising champion in the new CEOs category.
The funds raised will assist Women’s Legal Service to help tens of thousands of vulnerable Queensland women and children and shows the impact that everyone can make in creating safer futures.
The full list of wnners on the night included:
- Fundraising Champion Returning CEOs – Elena Gosse (Australian Innovative Systems)
- Fundraising Champion 2019 CEOs – Penny Wolff (Wolff Coffee Roasters)
- Judges Choice Returning CEOs – Elena Gosse – (Australian Innovative Systems)
- Judges Choice 2019 CEOs – Aaron McAllister (FitazFK)
- People’s Choice Champion – Dr Michelle Delamont (The Wesley Breast Clinic)
- Community Awareness Champion – Erin Walford (Domino’s)
- Spirit of Dancing CEOs – Lady Lawyers – Genevieve Dee (Cooper Grace Ward), Clarissa Rayward (Brisbane Family Law Centre) and Kelli Martin (KLM Solicitors)
Those looking to support Dancing CEOs with a last-minute donation can do so, here: http://www.dancingceos.com.au/.