Women’s Legal Service regularly delivers community legal education (CLE) for service providers, Service volunteers and women across Brisbane and in rural, regional and remote areas of Queensland.
CLE is an important link to rural, regional and remote communities in Queensland and ensuring women who live in non-metropolitan Queensland have access to our Service.
Women’s Legal Service presents specialised CLE sessions in the following areas:
- Family law, including divorce, separation, parenting arrangements, property settlements, and family dispute resolution
- The legal aspects of domestic violence and how to complete a protection order application
- Domestic violence risk and safety
- Sexual assault counselling notes privilege
- Abuse on contact – in collaboration with a women’s DV service and a children’s specialist DV program we provide training to community workers about information, tips and skills to keep children safe on contact visits
- Women’s Legal Service and its referral pathways
- Training on counselling notes and subpoenas (and with the assistance of a volunteer barrister) giving evidence and being a professional witness.
If you are interested in Women’s Legal Service presenting to your organisation or at your workplace, please complete this CLE/Training Request Form . Please note that there may be a cost attached to the training. For further information, please contact the Service via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3392 0644.