We’re seeking an energetic and experienced Legal Secretary / Paralegal to join our growing team.
- Rare part time opportunity (22.5 hours / week).
- Supportive team culture!
- Attractive salary sacrifice options and additional paid leave over Xmas and NY!
Women’s Legal Service (WLS) is a leading not for profit community legal centre providing specialised legal and social support services to women experiencing family law, domestic violence, child protection and some sexual assault related matters.
Each year, WLS help thousands of Queensland women to obtain the legal and social support they need whilst raising the community’s awareness of domestic violence, advocating for increased and improved access to services and working with government and community stakeholders on meaningful law reform.
As an experienced Family Law / Domestic Violence Paralegal, you will provide specialised administrative and secretarial support that enables the efficient and effective delivery of legal services to our clients.
This position is being offered on a contract, part time basis until 30 June 2019.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with managing client relationships and handling client enquiries including coordinating referrals.
- Word processing, managing hard and electronic copies of client files, digital dictation and preparing legal documentation.
- Addressing telephone and reception enquiries, updating WLS client databases and records, contributing to the development and maintenance of statistical records and maintaining WLS administrative systems.
- Contributing to a collaborative team culture for staff and volunteers which is professional, productive, supportive and consistent with the WLS values and feminist principles.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package (circa $59,000 – $75,000 p.a. (full time equivalent) + 9.5% superannuation, depending on your level of experience).
- Generous paid annual leave entitlements.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice expense payments for mortgage, rent and credit cards etc.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click on ‘apply’ via Seek and load a copy of your Covering Letter and CV.
For a copy of the position description or a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Angela Robertson on email@example.com or +61 401 673 153.
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.
Applications for this position close at 9:00am on Monday, 17 September 2018.