Our organisation is growing! Come and be a part of our dynamic, values based team.
- Rare part-time opportunity – 30 hours / week.
- No timesheets!
- Attractive salary sacrifice options and additional paid leave over Xmas and NY!
Women’s Legal Service (WLS) is a leading not for profit community legal centre providing specialised legal and social support services to women experiencing family law, domestic violence and child protection related matters.
Each year, WLS help thousands of Queensland women to obtain the legal and social support they need whilst raising the community’s awareness of domestic violence, advocating for increased and improved access to services and working with government and community stakeholders on meaningful law reform.
We currently have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced Family Lawyer to join our multidisciplinary team at Annerley. This role will enable you to use your extensive experience to provide direct legal services to WLS clients on family law, domestic violence and child protection matters.
This role is being offered on a part time contract basis (30 hours / week) until 30 June 2019.
As a WLS Advice Solicitor, you will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate legal advice and referrals to clients during face to face and telephone appointments and at outreach locations as required.
- Providing legal advice in accordance with the laws and regulations governing the legal profession including the mandatory requirements under the National Association of Community Legal Centres Risk Management Guide.
- Ensuring safety considerations are routinely and comprehensively addressed in legal work undertaken providing support, information and advice to clients.
Skills and Capabilities
Applicants will ideally possess:
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years PAE in family law and domestic violence matters including drafting relevant court documents and management of files.
- Comprehensive knowledge of referrals both legal and non-legal that are appropriate for women who experience domestic violence and family law matters.
- Well-developed relationship management and interpersonal communication skills to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders internal and external to WLS with the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work sensitively with vulnerable clients from diverse backgrounds.
All applicants will be required to possess an unrestricted Queensland Practising Certificate and a current Queensland Open Drivers Licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience (circa $79,000 – $90,000 p.a. full time equivalent + 9.5% superannuation).
- Generous annual leave entitlements.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice expense payments for your mortgage/rent and credit cards.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click on ‘apply’ via Seek and load a copy of your Covering Letter and CV.
For a copy of the position description or a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Angela Robertson on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 401 673 153.
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.
Applications for this position close at 9:00am on Monday, 24 September 2018.