Join our newly established Domestic Violence Unit at Caboolture and help change the lives of women experiencing domestic violence and family law matters.
- Newly created role located at Caboolture – forget the commute to the city!
- Values based organisation. Work with women who are passionate about what they do!
- Attractive salary sacrifice options and additional paid annual leave over Xmas and NY!
Women’s Legal Service (WLS) is a leading not for profit community legal centre providing specialised legal and social support services to women experiencing family law, domestic violence, child protection and some sexual assault related matters.
Each year, WLS help thousands of Queensland women to obtain the legal and social support they need whilst raising the community’s awareness of domestic violence, advocating for increased and improved access to services and working with government and community stakeholders on meaningful law reform.
We are seeking an experienced Paralegal to support the legal service delivery of the solicitors and to meet the administration and office requirements of the Caboolture Domestic Violence Unit and Health Justice Partnership.
This role is being offered as a contract position working full time for a period of 12 months.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high level paralegal, secretarial and administrative support to legal and social work staff who undertake client work.
- Performing general clerical duties such as addressing telephone and reception enquiries, updating WLS client databases and records, contributing to the development and maintenance of statistical records and maintaining WLS administrative systems.
- Contributing to a collaborative team culture for staff and volunteers which is professional, productive, supportive and consistent with the WLS values and feminist principles.
Skills and Capabilities
Applicants will ideally possess:
1. Well developed and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to make appropriate client referrals, and communicate sensitively and appropriately with vulnerable and disadvantaged clients.
2. High level of organisational and time management skills including the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
3. Sound knowledge and understanding of legal and social issues affecting women from a range of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, and a commitment to working for a community organisation within a feminist framework in a manner consistent with the mission, purpose and values of WLS.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package circa $69,495 – $73,527 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation, depending on your level of experience
- Generous paid annual leave entitlements.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice expense payments for mortgage, rent and credit cards etc.
How to Apply
To apply, hit ‘apply’ via Seek.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Angela Robertson on +61 401 673 153 or email me at email@example.com
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.