Tired of traditional profit-based law firms? Join an organisation advocating for women experiencing Domestic Violence.
- Unique, values based culture.
- Forget timesheets! Focus on what counts.
- Attractivesalary sacrifice options and additional paid annual leave over Xmas and NY!
Women’s Legal Service (WLS) is a leading not for profit community legal centre providing specialised legal and social support services to women experiencing family law, domestic violence and child protection related matters.
Each year, WLS help thousands of Queensland women to obtain the legal and social support they need whilst raising the community’s awareness of domestic violence, advocating for increased and improved access to services and working with government and community stakeholders on meaningful law reform.
We currently have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced Family Lawyer to join our multidisciplinary team at Annerley. This role will enable you to use your extensive experience to provide direct legal services to WLS clients on family law, domestic violence and child protection matters.
This role is being offered as a full time, 12 month contract. Applicants who are able to work substantial part time will also be considered.
As a WLS Casework Solicitor, you will be responsible for:
- Providing ongoing assistance and casework, including drafting relevant documents and providing representation for clients in the courts for family law, domestic violence and child protection.
- Providing legal advice and referrals to clients through a trauma informed practice framework and in accordance with the laws and regulations governing the legal profession including the mandatory requirements under the National Association of Community Legal Centres Risk Management Guide.
- Performing Duty Lawyer services for domestic violence matters to designated Magistrates Courts.
- Ensuring safety considerations are routinely and comprehensively addressed in legal work undertaken providing support, information and advice to clients.
- Contributing to a collaborative team culture of staff and volunteers which is professional, productive, supportive and consistent with the WLS Values.
Skills and Capabilities
Applicants will ideally possess:
- A minimum of 3 years PAE in family law, domestic violence and child protection including drafting relevant court documents and management of files.
- Comprehensive knowledge of referrals both legal and non-legal that are appropriate for women who experience domestic violence and family law matters.
- Well-developed relationship management and interpersonal communication skills to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders internal and external to WLS with the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work sensitively with vulnerable clients from diverse backgrounds.
All applicants will be required to possess an unrestricted Queensland Practising Certificate and a Queensland Open Drivers Licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience (circa $79,514 – $100,242 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation).
- Generous annual leave entitlements.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice expense payments for your mortgage/rent and credit cards.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click on ‘apply’ via Seek and load a copy of your CV and Covering Letter.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Angela Robertson on +61 401 673 153 or email me at email@example.com.
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.