Women’s Legal Service Queensland is opening a new Domestic Violence Unit at Caboolture. Join our multidiscipline team to help change the lives of vulnerable women.
- Newly created role – full time, 12 month contract.
- Values based organisation. Work with people who are passionate about what they do.
- Attractive salary sacrifice options and additional paid annual leave over Xmas and NY!
Women’s Legal Service (WLS) is a leading not for profit community legal centre providing specialised legal and social support services to women experiencing family law, domestic violence, child protection and some sexual assault related matters.
Each year, WLS help thousands of Queensland women to obtain the legal and social support they need whilst raising the community’s awareness of domestic violence, advocating for increased and improved access to services and working with government and community stakeholders on meaningful law reform.
We are seeking an experienced Social Worker to join our new Domestic Violence Unit (DVU) at Caboolture.
This role is being offered as a full time, 12 month contract. Applicants who are able to work substantial part time will also be considered.
This role will be responsible for:
- Undertaking direct client services to clients of the Caboolture DVU within a case coordinated approach with DVU and other WLS staff.
- Working collaboratively with DVU and WLS staff as well as external service providers to provide case coordination support to vulnerable women experiencing domestic violence.
- Contributing to a collaborative team culture for staff and volunteers which is professional, productive, supportive and consistent with the WLS values and feminist principles.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package (circa $87,477 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation, depending on your level of experience).
- Generous paid annual leave entitlements.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice expense payments for mortgage, rent and credit cards etc.
How to Apply
To apply, hit ‘apply’ via Seek and load a copy of your CV and Covering Letter.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Angela Robertson on +61 401 673 153 or email me at email@example.com
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.
Applications for these positions close at 9:00 am on Monday, 30 July 2018.